Saturday, July 4, 2009

More from the Washington trip

Traveling with Hope_2009 Alzheimer’s Public policy forum

ForMemory

There were several memorable moments at the 2009 Public Policy Forum

The candle light vigil was for all of us who have and will suffer great loss and a sad reminder, no known survivors

Among some of the stories told, I was sad to hear a grieving husband tell his story about his wife being diagnosed in her thirties and now gone..

The messages to Congress, from my group, were about disability issues and more money for research important for advances in the research.

On Capitol Hill I along with 8 others from Wisconsin was able to meet face to face with both Senators from my home state of Wisconsin. Both Senators, Kohl and Feingold were very receptive.

Marie Shriver spoke to Senator Kohl’s group on aging and I learned more about the report being deliver to the Senate Panel.

The candle light vigil on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial was for all of us who have and will suffer great loss and a sad reminder, There all no known survivors.

Roll call and the alignment of delegation by state

I am planning to be at the forum next year in Washington
I hope to meet more online folks at next year’s forum in 2010.


ps at the 2008 Public Policy Forum in Washington DC my Wisconsin group met with Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin in her Capital Hill Office

No comments: